Things To Consider When Choosing Window Tinting
Window tint installation depends on various factors that include window type, size, style, shape, location, number of windows, type of film, purpose, and the cost of labor in your area.
When considering window treatment to enhance your home's comfort and curb appeal, it is essential to conduct a cost analysis to select the most suitable window film installation. The first thing that pops into your mind when discussing window film installation is automotive window tinting.
However, residential and commercial window tinting is an excellent way to improve your property's safety, privacy, and solar efficiency. If you're interested in home window tinting, read on to learn about the costs and considerations.
The cost of your window tint installation depends on various factors that include window type, size, style, shape, location, number of windows, type of film, purpose, and the cost of labor in your area.
How Much Does Window Tinting Cost?
Depending on the window tint you choose, the shape of your window, the type of glass, and the window size, the cost of window tint film can range from $2 to $100 per square foot. Home window tinting costs vary from $250 to $1600, with the national average around $600. If you opt for professional window tint installation, the average price goes between $5 to $10 per square foot.
Types of Window Tinting
Window tinting can cost from $2 to $14 per square foot, with an additional installation cost if you get it installed professionally. There are primarily two types of window tints depending on their purpose: security and solar window films. Let us look at their specifications and costs, helping you choose the most appropriate window tint for your property.
Security window tints range between $7 to $9 per square foot. They offer UV and heat protection and keep your windows from shattering in case of breakage. Here are some of the standard security window films:
- High-security film: The most vital security window film is 13-14 millimeters thick, making it difficult for someone to break through your windows. Natural disaster film is 3-4 millimeters wide and protects against earthquakes, hurricanes, and more damage.
- Forced entry film: These films are 7-8 millimeters wide and protect against burglars trying to break into your office or home.
- It allows time to contact the authorities, saving your life and valuables.
Solar Window Film
Solar window films range from $8 to $14 per square foot and offer a range of benefits. As the name suggests, solar window tints block heat by reflecting sunlight without reducing natural light inside your homes. Solar window tints block harmful rays, protecting your furniture, carpets, floors, and rugs from fading and discoloration.
Depending on the specific purpose you choose, they can be reflective, mirrored, dual-reflective, ceramic, or non-ceramic.
- Ceramic and nano-ceramic tint films are a new technology that blocks IR light while reducing heat. Reflective tints reduce UV rays and sunlight from entering the room but fail to offer privacy at night.
- Mirrored solar shades provide a mirrored exterior view allowing you to see outside without being seen.
- Dual reflective has a mirrored exterior while blocking heat, offering clear visibility for people inside.
Tips To Cut Back on Window Tinting Cost
Window tinting can be costly, especially if you enter the market as a rookie. A professional window tint installation provider can guide you through the process and help you cut back on frugal expenditure. Some easy ways you can save money when considering window tinting include:
- Reducing the number of windows: Windows is the leading source of heat loss and overuse of HVAC systems. To block heat effectively, plan the model of your buildings, keeping windows on the side of your home to make the most of natural light. If you wish to add windows for decorative purposes, choose windows with maximum visibility placing them near the front door or the front of the house.
- Getting multiple estimates: It is essential to conduct thorough research and know your options. Get at least three estimates from window tinting professionals and make your choice carefully.
- Choosing the suitable film: You can get window film installed for $7 per square foot. But high-end window films can cost as much as $100 per square foot. If you wish to save money, it would be wise to discuss your options with your provider helping you make an informed choice.
- Get discounts: Keep an eye on your local window tint installation provider's packages and deals. Some tint installation providers offer a value based on the number of windows, doors, or areas requiring tinting.
- Avoiding odd shapes: Windows having an abnormal or unusual shape costs more due to their unique tint requirements. The extra time and effort needed to install tints on odd-shaped windows are more expensive.
Residential window tinting requires a different set of skills compared to car window tint installations. When choosing a skilled window tint installer, remember to ask them about their experience in residential and commercial window tinting. Tint By Masters is a leading window tint installation provider in Orlando and Central Florida.
Asking a professional the right questions about home window tinting costs can minimize miscommunication, save money, and get the desired results. Contact us on (407) 521-0920 or visit our website to learn more about our window tinting services today!