How to Select the Right Portable Solar Generator | Synergy Wave
Just think that you are cruising along and then the technology changes. That’s what is happening in every field of work today. The only resort is to adapt yourself to the new technology. Technological innovations have taken place in the way we utilize solar energy. One such brilliant innovation has been that of a Portable Solar Generator. An avid traveller or a camper would understand the importance more as it’s a life-saver when you’re out on the road, camping in the wilderness or if the power goes out in your house. Portable Solar Generators are a cheap energy option that does require fuel, uses clean, renewable energy & little maintenance. They’re both power source & a storage solution.
WHAT IS A SOLAR POWER GENERATOR?
Portable solar generators work by using solar panels that utilizes sunlight as a power source & stores it in the battery. The solar power gets released through a solar inverter, where it gets converted from DC to AC before discharge. This system allows you to store energy for later use unlike some other solar panel systems. Many Solar EPC companies produce these compact solar generators which come as an all-in-one portable solar panel kits or you can buy the components separately as well.
WHEN TO USE PORTABLE SOLAR GENERATORS
Portable solar generators are best suited for RVs, vans & while camping. They’re also used as a great option as backup power source in emergency. It can be installed even in areas that are prone to electrical blackouts, hurricanes, tornadoes or other inclement weather.
PROS & CONS OF PORTABLE SOLAR GENERATORS
Every Solar generator company in Gurgaon vouch for the profitability factor of these Portable solar generators. Yet these possess some positives & negatives as well, just as any other technological innovation.
ADVANTAGES OF SOLAR GENERATORS:
- Low cost
DISADVANTAGES OF SOLAR GENERATORS:
- Upfront costs
- Slow recharging
- Limited power supply
HOW TO SELECT THE BEST SOLAR GENERATOR?
From a sea of options to decide from, selecting the best suited portable solar generator for you would be the one that caters to your power needs. You can select from an exhaustive list of Solar generators in Gurgaon, that cater to a variety of needs, come in affordable price range and serves for the benefit of the user. There are certain key points to bear in mind while selecting the one for you:
- Battery capacity- This is an important consideration as the capacity or the total amount of electricity the generator stores, needs to be enough for your specific use case.
- Power rating- It is the amount of power delivered at a time. A solar battery with high capacity but low power rating would produce less electricity from the generator, yet last longer.
- PV input- A higher PV input could be a significant factor in your purchase if you need a portable generator that’s fast charging.
- Battery type- Lithium-ion & Lead acid-based batteries are the most common ones used as solar battery options. The former one is used to run power tools as they’re very lightweight, little expensive but possess longer lifespan. Whereas the Lead-acid batteries are good at powering things like vehicles, but they don’t last as long as Lithium-ion options.
- Charge controller- It regulates the electric current between a generator’s solar panels & the battery. The simpler versions will cut the power when they reach the maximum voltage, whereas the sophisticated expensive ones would use three-power point tracking (MPPT).
- Inverter- Most of these generators come equipped with inverters, rather in some cases you may need to purchase it separately. An inverter is responsible for converting DC power by the sun to AC power for appliances & electronics. Undergoing a good comparative study over solar generators is a prerequisite here.
- Weight- This is a significant consideration for anyone who wish to travel by foot or bike. Even though travelling in RVs would want you to be mindful of the generator’s weight.
- Portability- Many variants of solar generators come with built-in wheels that makes it easier for you to carry it anywhere.
WHAT SIZE DO I NEED OF THE PORTABLE SOLAR GENERATOR?
Answering to this one, it completely depends on your end use. Smaller generators (under 1000W) can power small appliances & electronics such as laptops, cell phones, etc. Larger generators (between 1000W to 3000W) can effectively power much larger devices & appliances such as microwave, freezer or refrigerator. And if you want to power the entire house with the solar generator, it would require much larger solar generator (over 5000W).
Portable solar generators are an eco-friendly option than the traditional gas generators running on fossil fuels. A compact & smaller generator allows you quick head out on a road trip or a camping adventure. It surely brings you peace of mind that you have a backup power source in any emergency situation.